AI-assisted paper making
Artificial Intelligence in Paper Industry.
Paper production is a multi-phase process during which a natural phenomenon called Wet Line (sometimes Dry Line) is observed. AI-assisted visual inspection of the process can help you efficiently detect and monitor that phenomenon.
Tangible benefits and ROI thru:
- automate Wet Line / Dry Line management during paper making
- avoid expensive breaks in paper production due to Wet Line / Dry Line moving to dangerous areas
- eliminate or minimize human error
- avoid disasters and unnecessary latencies in production
byteLAKE’s Cognitive Services for “Wet Line” detection has already been commercialized and successfully deployed in paper mills.
- Trained AI model monitors paper making process 24/7 and triggers an alarm when a Wet Line / Dry Line is detected
(can be easily integrated into existing infrastructure, designed as a cross-platform compatible module)
- Model can measure the distance and the size of the Wet Line / Dry Line
(for instance an alert can be sent once the wet line enters a dangerous zone)
- Part of byteLAKE’s Cognitive Services
- Models improving over time
(assisted learning as an option)
Humans and machines both make mistakes. Therefore, byteLAKE’s Cognitive Services have been designed to effectively bring out the best of both worlds.
End-to-End solution for Paper Mills
- Edge components
(cameras, sensors, tiny computers/edge servers etc.)
- Data ingestion
(software collecting data from cameras and other IoT sensors)
- byteLAKE Cognitive Services
(byteLAKE’s Wet Line Detector collects and analyzes data from the edge)
- Cloud / Server connectivity
(straightforward connectivity to the Cloud and on-premise server components via dedicated API, XML files exchange etc.)
(on-site integration and deployment)
- Post-delivery customer care
(warranty and maintenance)