byteLAKE’s Cognitive Services
byteLAKE’s Cognitive Services is a collection of Artificial Intelligence (AI) models designed to address Industry 4.0 needs. Each AI model has been designed and trained to be razor-focused on specific industrial jobs, therefore ensuring maximum accuracy.
byteLAKE have made a strategic decision to work with various industry leaders and talented researchers in efforts to combine human knowledge, industry expertise, and know-how with the best AI algorithms and technologies. Humans and machines both make mistakes. Therefore, the product has been designed to effectively bring out the best of both worlds.
In essence, byteLAKE’s Cognitive Services focus primarily on the following two areas.
Add intelligence to your cameras.
AI-assisted quality & process monitoring.
Enables data-driven, proactive operations.
Find trends and answers hidden in the data.
Problems we solve
AI-assisted Visual Inspection
- Growing cost of manual inspections & limited personnel
- Poor quality impacting customer satisfaction, reputation etc.
- Poor counting leading to losses (freebies) & disappointed customers
- Slow inspection leading to missed opportunities, slow G2M etc.
AI-powered Big Data Analytics
- Lack of historic data analytics means that we don’t know what we don’t know
- Automate: sensors data analytics, document processing etc.
- Answer questions like why something happens? what will likely happen? what are the trends?
- Can we leverage historic data to make better decisions?
According to the International Journal of Strategic Engineering Asset Management: “The average cost of an unplanned downtime is USD $220,000 a day for a paper or pulp plant“.
Cognitive Services for Paper Mills
Product is also available as a special customization for Paper Mills.
Wet Line Detector for Paper Mills automates detection and measurements of the so-called wet line. This module helps reduce costs, expedite visual inspection and avoid unplanned downtime in paper production. Available as a complete end-to-end solution, including edge components (hardware computing units, cameras), software license, integration services or guidelines as well as post-deployment customer care. Learn more here.
- byteLAKE’s Cognitive Services automate visual inspection and Big Data processing across industries. Each AI model has been designed and trained to be razor-focused on specific industrial jobs, therefore ensuring maximum accuracy.
- Can be re-trained to handle a variety of scenarios related to visual inspection/quality monitoring automation, products counting, objects recognition and historic data analysis to find hidden answers in the data (i.e. trends, information about why something happened or what will likely happen and when).
- New AI models are constantly added by byteLAKE which gradually increases the number of scenarios that can be handled off-the-shelf. To do so byteLAKE collaborates with a growing number of industry/manufacturing leaders.
- Cognitive Services is an add-on to existing tools/software in factories and its integration is a straightforward process (compatibility).
- byteLAKE as single source for all components of the solution (sensors/cameras, edge devices, servers, data acquisition/processing, deployment, post-delivery customer care etc.)
- Globally available through growing network of integrators.
- Optimized for Intel technologies (OpenVINO) ensuring compatibility and maximum performance across various hardware configurations.
Request access to the full report about product’s performance (byteLAKE’s Cognitive Services accelerated with Intel’s OpenVINO).
Cognitive Services Licensing
- Cognitive Services standard license consists of 2 elements
- One-time fee for product training/optimization.
- Annual license giving access to the product incl. upgrades, customer care/support for 12 months.
NOTE: the goal is to train and optimize the Cognitive Services models so that they address your needs
and deliver value at maximum performance. Typical scenarios include visual inspection and historic data analytics in order to support future decisions.
- Cognitive Services extended customization (optional)
- In case you do not have or cannot generate the data for training, byteLAKE can offload your teams from this task and prepare the required inputs.
- The product can be re-trained and customized to a variety of scenarios.
- The cost is estimated case by case (one-time project fee).
- Integration and hardware (reselling)
for Industry 4.0
(blog post series)