Cognitive Services for Restaurants
AI-powered add-ons for restaurant management solutions.
Cognitive Services for Restaurants
AI-powered software add-ons for restaurant management solutions. Currently released add-on recognizes meals or food in general and sends a list of these to the cashier’s machine. The cashier is offloaded from manual work which expedites the process, reduces the line, cuts the wait time and most importantly, helps to serve more customers! We have bundled it up with Simpra. Therefore it is available as a complete solution for restaurants right from the start and includes camera(s), pre-trained AI models (food/meals recognition), AI-training software services (adaptation and training of the AI models for your restaurant’s needs) + Simpra’s complete package: tablet(s)/point of sale (POS) equipment, payment terminal(s)/cashier’s register(s), inventory management software, etc. Contact us for more details at CognitiveServices@byteLAKE.com and to learn how to deploy the solution in your restaurant.
We have more add-ons on the roadmap and will be gradually adding these to this website.
Here’s how it works when it comes to food/meals recognition:
- Clients place food on trays and as they move toward the counter, they place the tray under the camera located near the cashier’s desk. Clients can see their tray on a local screen as the items are about to be recognized by the AI.
- Cashier taps on a “Get Price” button which triggers byteLAKE’s Cognitive Services (AI).
- POS (point of sale) server grabs a frame from the camera and sends it over to AI.
- AI then recognizes the items on the tray.
- POS server sends over the recognition results from AI, again, to the local screen so that the client can see the results as well.
- In parallel, the POS server sends the list of recognized items to the POS panel so that the cashier does not have to enter them manually.
- POS panel can then present the order summary and redirect for payment.
Q2’23 releases of the product will include:
- Restaurant floor monitoring for automated reservations
- Tables occupancy monitoring
- Cameras assisting staff in typical cleaning activities: table needs cleaning, missing napkins, etc.
With more than 30 years of experience, Simpra has been an R&D Center offering innovative solutions that facilitate end-to-end business management. Simpra also develops various products to help F&B (Food and Beverage) businesses manage all payment processing, ordering, table reservation, and many more operational processes easily and practically. Currently, byteLAKE and Protein, the software provider of Simpra, are working together on upgrading technology for restaurants with Artificial Intelligence capabilities. To learn more about the product, you can visit Simpra’s website.
Simpra stands out with a 24/7 support operation for all its products. The journey started with its main product, the POS System. Simpra family now offers an end-to-end business management system that includes payment processing, online ordering, reservations, and more. The team behind Simpra merges the love of technology and innovation with many years of experience in the F&B sector. The vision to reach customers worldwide by providing the best service leads Simpra to learn from the past and take inspiration from the future.
What does Simpra promise to its customers?
Simpra promises its customers an extensive ecosystem of innovative software solutions and products for flawless restaurant management.
- POS System
- Stock Tracking Program
- Customer Loyalty Program
- QR Menu Order
- Mobile Reporting
- Table Reservation System
- Kitchen Display System
- Waiter Order Module
- Delivery Service
- Various Integrations
Budget & Consortium
The goal of the project is to enable efficient visual analytics in restaurants (i.e. detect food types, recognize empty seats, etc.) and eventually automate the billing process and various operations. The project is part of the Euripides² project: EDISOHCS – Europe’s Dining Industry, Smarter Operations and Higher Customer Satisfaction project.
byteLAKE’s “AI for Restaurant” project has been co-financed by the National Centre of Research and Development (NCBR) in Poland as part of the EUREKA 2019 competition. Amount of project co-financing by the NCBR: PLN 498 511.30 (EUR 109 437.85; May 15th, 2020). Documents related to the fund’s approval (in Polish) are available on gov.pl website.
byteLAKE has later on transformed the initial “AI for Restaurants” project into a product called Cognitive Services for Restaurants (announcement) and both companies are now offering it as add-on software to Protein‘s complete software package for hotels and restaurants called Simpra. The solution was presented for the first time in Istanbul in 2022 (link).